Friday, March 23, 2012

The 70’s 80’s and 90’s party

I like to party with my Peeps in the Northeast or the DMV or Aruba  but mostly I like to dance and have good clean fun. I also like theme parties.
Being born in the 70’s I really liked the fashions from back then.  I even like some of the vintage patterns which I have not sewn but I do peruse some vintage pattern sites and Etsy stores and have jotted down some pattern numbers of dresses I would make.  I do own some vintage patterns I got from my dear mother because she collected a stash of fabrics as I was growing up and did not purge them.

I got this invite and a request to make an 80’s outfit I said cool. Now living in the 80’s I remember what I wore but I am a colorful person and I like the 70’s colors and cool easy style lines.  I also hopped over to the blog of Mocha Style because I remembered she went to a 70's party so I had to check out their get ups and pics.
I made Lady D’s outfit from pink knit I had in my stash and the blue knit is suppose to be faux denim but I had to remind her and myself that this is a costume for a party so let’s not break the bank buying denim but have fun with  this.
We perused pictures on Google and I drafted out a quick pattern and got to work.  Here was the inspiration

Here is Lady D
Here was my inspiration and styles I like

The baby born in the 70’s rockin a 70’s inspired out fit. But not this short but my kind of short.

The fabric is from my stash:1.5 yards printed ITY knit, red boots from the thrift store, earrings I already had,  my hair done up.  The pattern I used was OOP Mcall's 5484. I cut the back of the dress twice modified it to make the V front because I didn't have enough fabric to make the twist.



Had a great time. Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment