Saturday, March 3, 2012

McCall's 6400 Strikes Again and Again as a dress and the Burda Top

McCall's 6400

I made this pattern as a top  in a previous post  So I have made it 3 times now.  love this top modified into a dress it works for me and my style for parties or dates out with my Dear Boyfriend or friends. I made it in this faux faded ITY print from Jomar in Philly.





The Top to a Dress or Tunic

I have come to the conclusion that this is my form of creativity and modification that is easy for me and my schedule and fits into my style.

This Burda 2/2010 long sleeve top 112
I modified the neckline so that it will fall below my neck bone.
Just my style I like my shoulders out or at least one of them.


This is a ITY knit I picked up at Fabric Warehouse in Pennsylvania.

This was a Burda top but I added more to the hem and made it into a dress and added darts in the back. I also sewed the sleeves very tight.






This is a top not a dress and pullin down a tunic top all night is not a dance move but Dear Boyfriend Mr. T thought it looked cute this way. Yes, cute  to him but not tasteful for me to go out in public because scratching my knee would be indecent exposure and this lady has style standards. I'm a Sewtherngirl (southern girl from Virginia that sews).



7 comments:

  1. WOW! Loving your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, goregous fabrics and the dress and tunic looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila I have really been sewing up my stash. I found these in Philly at Jomar where the blogger Knit-Knac shops.

      Delete
  3. hi...did you have to adjust the nectk to make if fall of your shoulder like that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the mccall pattern, did you need to adjust the neckline? Sorry I didn't specify above.

    ReplyDelete