Monday, February 27, 2012


Inspiration Comes from the West Coast & Other Updates

I was inspired by a true Blog Fashionista and Designer Mimi Goodwin when she rocked the modified McCall’s6519 dress C. She made it in black and white zebra print and I remebered that I had picked up and ITY knit at Spandex House about 3 months ago in NYC for $6 in this cool brown and ivory ITY knit.
So I said all hail to the Fashionista from the west coast, Thanks for the Inspiration and bringin the Style. I cut it out 2 weeks ago sewed it up this weekend.
I modified it by making the tie out of some ivory polyester fabric. I will post more pics when I get it paired with jewelry and my strappy sandals.

McCall’s 6519

Pattern Description: Dress has fitted, blouson, slightly gathered bodice. C and skirt D: wrap, right front pleats, back darts and purchased ribbon.

Pattern Sizing: I cut the 10

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, are easy to follow


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Stylish collar and a wrap dress I  can wear it to different venues

Fabric Used: ITY Knit Print

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Well as you can see I added sleeves because I did not like the sleeveless look after I tried it on so thankfully I had enough fabric to draft some sleeves but you could use any sleeve from a fitted shirt pattern and make it work to save time. I also shortened it a quite a bit because you know I like it shawt! lol

Would you sew it again? Yes,I am plan to make it in a solid color or another print

Would you recommend it to others? Yes

Conclusion: A cute and comfortable dress I love it


Thanks Mimi

Formal dresses on the way

I know that Dear Boyfriend Mr. T and my Bestfriend Ms. J  and I will being going out to some formal parties this year so I got inspired to look at my stash of fabrics that I will be using to make dresses out of




(left to right) Black and white swirl brocade, Pink and Gold Brocade, Brown and Gold brocade, all from Jomar in Philly, textured gold knit from NYC 


Spring Dresses on the way as well



 

No comments:

Post a Comment