Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Top that makes for a cute Party dress

MCall’s 6400 I was inspired to make this top when I saw it on The Mahoghany stylist It looked so easy and comfortable to wear with jeans or a skirt. So I made the top and liked the way it came out. Then I was inspired to make it into a dress because it shows some shoulder.  I like to party so I will use it in the spring or on a date with my Dear Boyfriend Mr. T.

To make into a dress I just lengthened the bottom of the pattern. It did come out to long so I ended up cutting off about 4 inches to get it to be knee length. The inset is how the print of the fabric looked. I love color so I will be seen a mile away withthe confidence to pull it off.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes Sylvia that dress is h-o-t and just the right thing for an exciting date night. I love the play on colors and the sassy off shoulder look. I look so forward to seeing your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I'm a fan of extending tops to become dresses. Cute.

    ReplyDelete